Linnea is the New Pink

Monday, July 24, 2006

Addicted!!

"My name is Linnea ("hi linnea") and I'm addicted to shopping."
For those of you who don't know, I work at the burnsville mall in Maurices, which is a women's clothing store. And I have fun working; it's a great job. I get a discount on really cute clothes, I get fashion knowledge, I get to meet lots of people, I get to hang with all the awesome girls who work there. Plus I get paid to do those things. But I'm sooooo tired!!! I worked 30 hours this weekend and I've closed the last four nights and I work 23 more hours this week.
I have the day off tomorrow (my only day off this week) and guess what I'm doing. I'm going to the mall of course, hopefully with Dani and Katie. I hardly get to just go shopping, so I thought it would be fun. Maybe we'll go to MOA, maybe Burnsville, either way I know I'm in trouble because I already have my excuse ready to go: I've been so good lately; I needed a fix.
I don't know why, but shopping feels good. I've always loved shopping, but now I have some money to spend. But really I don't. I need to save money, but it's soooo hard. I like to buy things; and if that's wrong, I don't want to know what right is. I like to buy lots of things: movies, shoes, clothes, jewelery, household objects.
Ok, I have a confession to make, just now when I was typing that list of the stuff I love to buy, this is what popped into my head immediately: "OMG, I went to Ikea and I bought a desk chair and a futon. The chair is hot pink and really cute and the futon is small and also really cute. I so love Ikea, even though the salespeople there are really rude (damn swedes)." I really just understood how sick I am.
They say the first step is realizing you have a problem. So, frankly... I'm spent. (haha, no pun intended).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home