Linnea is the New Pink

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Movin' On Up!

It's that time of year when all us college students pack up and leave home for campus once again. I am the youngest child in my family; I have an older brother and sister and I guess before these past few years I just didn't realize how much work it is to pack for school.
A friend of mine has summed it up very well in his 'facebook status': "Jesse is: positive that packing could have been a punishment from Greek mythology". I'm right there with him. Tomorrow morning at 6am I will be pulling out of my driveway, on my way to Sioux Falls, SD (that's South Dakota to that one person who doesn't know what SD is and is completely clueless (you know who you are and you know I love you anyways :P) ) where I go to school. (It is a four hour drive from here, but fear not I will have lots of music to keep me company.) I have been packing all week and I am such a procrastinator that although I have been packing all week I hadn't actually done anything until yesterday. Hell if it weren't for my parents riding my ass, I may not have even started yet. And I have to tell you, even if I wasn't a card carrying member of the procrastinator's club (don't worry, you can join later) packing would still be a pain in my ass because it's really hard(in whiny voice).
First off, if this is say your second year of school, like me, you have to go through all the useless shit you brought back from last year. OMG, I am such a packrat!! (stupid, stupid). Then you have to shopping for all the new shit you need, which takes forever because you always forget the important things so you end up going to target about 50 times in two days. The worst part about packing is you have to figure out how to put weird shaped objects into bins (so they are easy to carry up four flights of stairs to your room) and then into the van. It's like a 3D, reallife game of Tetris. I suck at Tetris. I am so NOT a 'big picture' person. My friends know this well. (My BFF, Dani, knows this the best because we used to try to play Chess and she always kicked my ass because I didn't have a plan and I couldn't watch all the pieces and it was horrible. Dani on the other hand just knew what she was doing and what she was going to do ten moves in advance. it was sick.)
So frankly I'm spent. I am going to sit back and watch Project Runway (yay Kayne! I <3 you!) and maybe eat a cookie. See you all on the flipside in SD.
And those of you who are travellin' like me, be safe. Drive well, drink caffeine, and buckle up! I'm outta here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home